Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Back to "Normal"

I am back at work today. Back to real life; back to the same old responsibilities. Blah, blah, blah.

No, I actually love my job. I work for my family's farm (not The Farmer's farm...it's confusing, I know) doing the books. I have wonderful employers (my dad and his siblings) who understand that I am a mom and that my kids need me, and I have a great, flexible schedule (well, at least for most of the year...).

It is just hard to go back to work after a wonderful bit of time off. Christmas was so fun -- even if a lot of it was spent hurrying from one celebration to another. And since Christmas, The Farmer and I have been spending a lot of quality time with our kids. We went shopping together. We went out to eat together. We all snuggled in bed and watched Playhouse Disney. We took the kids to see The Princess and the Frog. (It was Bubba's first movie, and he slept through the first half of it. The half of the movie that he was awake, Bubba spent more of his time chowing down on popcorn and Sprite than paying any attention to the movie!) We played with the kids' Christmas presents. We ate, and ate, and ate -- some leftovers and some not!

The Farmer and I also got to spend some time with some friends last night. We went out to eat and to see The Blindside. The company and movie were both great -- I would definitely recommend going to see it if you haven't already.

It was a great couple of days, and I hate to see it end (kind of sounds like my last post...). Luckily this is a short week since we have New Years Eve Thursday night. We are going very low-key this year with a cookout at our friends' house -- and that sounds just perfect to me!

I hope you are enjoying your time in between Christmas and the New Year, whether you are back to reality yet or not!

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs