Thursday, July 8, 2010

God Bless America, Land That I Love!

Happy Fourth (er, Eighth!) of July!

For the first time since we have known each other, The Farmer and I had two days off together over the fourth! Being farmers who harvest during the summer months, we are usually very busy during our nation's birthday, so this was a great treat for us.

We spent our whole weekend on the water.

Saturday morning I took the two younger kids to a birthday party, and that afternoon The Farmer and I spent some kid-free time on the beach during nap time. That evening LP and The Minister. and their daughter, Lily, came over, and we all went to a big Fourth of July party.

Sunday we had more friends over for a day at the beach, and our friend, Jen, brought out a wonderful brunch spread complete with great, festive drinks for the grown-ups. That afternoon Sassy began a love affair with water skiing. She was too scared to try to ski last year, but after watching people go all afternoon Sunday (including her mommy), she decided that she wanted to go -- and she popped right up! Now, the ski that she and Miss Priss go on is more like a sled in the front and skis in the back, but the point is that she went behind the boat -- we'll work on the whole getting up and balancing on two separate skis thing later. And she hasn't stopped asking to go again ever since she went. She loved it.

Our weekend was rounded out by church that evening, then we came home and grilled out, again with LP,The Minister, and Lily, and then watched the fireworks from our backyard. As I mentioned earlier, I am usually working on the fourth, so I cannot tell you when the last time was that I saw fireworks. This year we got to see several different fireworks shows from the backyard, and it was so fun to see them all.

It was really a fun, festive fourth!

And I took nary a picture (and I could just kick myself for not having the camera when Sassy went skiing, but I didn't want to run inside and miss her in action, but the neighbor, Nancy, did get some pictures)...maybe next year!

1 comment:

I'maNolaGirl said...

We had soooo much fun sharing the 4th with yall! Thanks again for having us. Ps - I can make those drinks any time. Maybe you'd be up for a pool party sometime soon?!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs