Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cleanse and Detox & A Cute Idea

I have been feeling pretty blah lately.  I have always suffered from migraines, and I thought I had them pretty much under control with a daily prevention medication and another medication for when I actually get one, but they have been out. of. control. lately.  I drink one glass of wine or one beer and get one.  I eat one sweet thing and get one.  I don't eat on time and get one.  I go out in the glare of the sun and get one (even with a hat and sunglasses on).  I get too hot and get one.  I have too much or too little caffeine and get one.  I live and breathe and get one.  I am basically one walking headache.

I decided that I need to do something about this, so I am trying to get more exercise, more sleep, and more healthy foods in my diet.  I was doing all of the above before, and I think it made a huge difference in my headaches.  The only problem I have is finding the time for all of these goals...but I need to make time to feel good.

Anyway, this morning I tried a new smoothie, called the Cleanse and Detox smoothie.  It contains all sorts of stuff that I wouldn't typically put in my smoothies, but I thought that it looked interesting, so I gave it a try.

Wa-la!


The kids told me that it looked like throw-up, which is just what you want to hear when you are about to eat something, right?!  However, it actually tasted pretty good!  The recipe can be found here, and I used everything except the flax seeds or oil because I couldn't find it at the grocery store. I need to make a trip to the natural foods store before I make the smoothie next time.

In other news, Mary Beth, our babysitter, found this cute idea on Pinterest over the summer, and I finally got around to trying it out...Gibson has to learn sight words for school, just like most other kids do at some point or another.  I don't know about you, but it is a pain to make him memorize his sight words, just like it was a pain to make the girls memorize their sight words before him.  So, write the words on ping pong balls!  Then, instead of just going through flash card after flash card, hand your child a pile of balls, and say "throw me 'who!'"  or "throw me 'you!'"  or whatever words you are working on.  Then your child has to find the word and throw you the correct one.  He or she learns to read the words while playing a fun game.


I tell you what, people come up with some brilliant stuff...now if these brilliant folks could just cure my migraines...

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs