Monday, December 20, 2010

Some Things

Hello!

We are busy celebrating Christmas, as I am sure y'all are, too. I just wanted to check in...



1. Duke has gone from quiet, reserved puppy to wild dog in the week that we have had him. He has definitely gotten used to our family -- and Bubba just loves him. We took him to the vet last Friday to get shots, and they estimate that he is around 10 weeks old, and he weighed in at 16.5 pounds. He is going to be a big boy!



2. The kids are now out of school, but last week was filled with Christmas parties at school, breakfast with Santa, and ballet recitals for the girls. We have more Christmas parties this week, too. I love all of the parties and fun things this time of year! I have a lot of cute pictures to post soon from the ballet recital.



3. We celebrated Christmas with Brad's mom's family this weekend, and I did breakfast for everyone yesterday morning. One of the recipes I made was Southern Living's Praline Pull-Apart Bread, and it is sooooo good. It is great for Christmas morning!

4. I recently made this Chicken Divan, Lightened Up recipe from skinnytaste.com, and it was some of the best Chicken Divan I have had. I did make a few changes from the recipe, though. I used regular Swiss instead of reduced fat (I just can't go there), I used a rotisserie chicken instead of cooking my chicken, and I didn't use whole wheat breadcrumbs. But I highly recommend this recipe -- the fresh broccoli really makes it good!

5. This time of year I always say that I am going to get myself more organized in the next year...and it never seems to happen. I feel so unorganized this year. I just sent my Christmas cards out today, and I am still not finished with my Christmas shopping. I feel like our Tortola trip put me even farther behind than usual this year. I hate feeling like I have to rush around during Christmas and don't get to enjoy the season; it always seems to end before I even feel like it has begun! I have got to get myself more organized!

Alright...off to do some online Christmas shopping! Thank goodness for overnight shipping!

2 comments:

I'maNolaGirl said...

Gibson looks so happy!!! He and Duke are going to be quite a pair. That chicken dish is going on my "to make" list!

LP17 said...

I wish you still lived here so I could just mooch off you making Chicken Divan instead of me making it myself. :)

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs