Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Internet Is Nice...When It Works

I know I am late to the game, but Happy Mother's Day to all of you mommies and mommies-to-be out there!

Something has happened to our satellite, and so we have no internet at our house. I haven't been home long enough to try to fix the problem, so it will just have to stay broken until I can get around to calling someone.

I feel like I have lost an appendage when I get home and can't check blogs or email. I had been trying to upload pictures of Gibson for several days before the satellite went kaput, and that post is just sitting on my desktop, waiting to be finished.

Anyway, I hope y'all all had a lovely Mother's Day. I always have a bit of a hard time with this holiday. Brad is always working, so I never see him, and it is usually like any other day at our house. Brad is also not very good at the whole gift-giving thing, so I have to send him a little reminder that he needs to do at least a little something for me -- I mean, I did birth his children, after all! I try to remind myself that it is a made-up holiday, but when other people are on Facebook or about town talking about what fun things their husbands did for them on Mother's Day, it always makes mine seem even more stinky, and I get a little pity-party going on.

However, this was the first year that the kids really knew that it was Mother's Day. They came in to my room when I woke up with all sorts of homemade cards and pictures, and they were so adorable and proud of themselves with their goodies for me. Tyler even made me a fan out of different colored cardstock. Evidently she had been working on it very hard with our babysitter the week before. It was really cute and sweet, and I might have gotten a little misty-eyed over their sweetness -- because, honestly, they have been little monsters a lot lately. But on Mother's Day, their behavior was top-notch, and that is a present in itself!

We went to my parents' house to eat lunch with my parents, my sister and her family, and my grandmother. We had a nice afternoon with family, and a great message and church that evening -- so all in all, it was a good Mother's Day!

(As a funny aside, Sanders asked me on the way to my mom's house how my Granddaddy LG, my mom's dad, died. I told her that he had cancer, and she said "Oh. So he died in the Civil War?" I just loved getting to tell my grandmother that Sanders thinks she is reaaaaaallllly old!)

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs