Monday, May 2, 2011

LOTS To Catch Up On!

:: First of all, and most importantly, we have been praying in our house for all of those who have been hit by all of the horrible storms going throughout our south. The pictures of the devastation are just heartbreaking, and I cannot imagine dealing with such loss -- of property or loved ones. It is so, so sad.



:: On a totally superfluous note, did y'all all watch the Royal wedding? We were glued to the tv Friday morning, and I mean glued. I could hardly get the girls to go to school. Even Gibson liked it, but his main interest was the "men with the guns and the funny hats." When Tyler found out that it was Prince William and soon-to-be-Princess Catherine getting married, she looked at Sanders and said "Oh, Sanders, you're a princess!" (Sanders' first name is Catherine.) It was so cute!

And, really, who doesn't want to be a princess?

I loved Kate's dress, Pippa's dress, Prince Harry, all the funny hats, basically everything about it. I have been checking my Us Weekly app constantly to find out everything I can about what went on. So fun!

(images via People)


:: I had a family wedding Saturday night, and I had to go solo. It is the beginning of wedding season and also the beginning of harvest season for all of our various fruits -- and that means that I always get to go to weddings solo. Don't you just hate going to weddings solo?

I think it should be appropriate for a married chick to take a date to a wedding so she doesn't have to be that girl. Don't you? (That's a joke, people.)

::While I was at the wedding, I picked up some family pictures that I had taken by my very talented cousin, Gray. So, for the next several posts, I am going to bore regale you with lots of pictures of my family. Because, if you have been reading this blog for any length of time, you know that I can't weed out any good pictures.

Here is a sneak peek:

They are awesome, really. But that is just my humble opinion.

:: When I woke up this morning, I learned that I went to bed too early for the big news story last night: Osama Bin Laden was killed by our Navy Seals. All I have to say about that is, Good Job Seals! God Bless America!!

Okay, I am off to pick up the little brats from school, and then we have ballet all afternoon and the kids end of the year musical. The fun just never stops.

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs