Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nine Years Old, Where Has the Time Gone?


This adorable little face is Tyler back when she was around four-and-a-half.  Yesterday she turned nine.  NINE.

I am not quite sure how that happened.

It was just yesterday that I was pitching a temper tantrum because the hospital was calling to put me off one more day because they were too full for me to come in for an induction (I was four days past my due date, and I was. not. happy).  And it was just yesterday that this sweet little face made me a mommy for the first time, but somehow she is nine-years-old, and everyone is talking to me about how, next year, she will be double digits.

I have to cry a little just thinking about that.

But, here is some info about Tyler at nine:

-- She weighs about 50 pounds, as do her brother and sister.
-- I am not sure how tall she is -- need to check on that!
-- Her favorite foods are fried shrimp, tacos, hamburgers, spaghetti, and pizza.
-- She hates any foods that are green -- broccoli, green beans, peas, etc.
-- She loves to read (finally, FINALLY!!!), and can go through a Babysitters Club book in a day.
-- Ty loves clothes and jewelry and accessories, and she has decided that she wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up.  If that doesn't pan out, then she wants to be a makeup artist.
-- She likes to make up dances to her favorite songs, and she and Sanders have recently started making up puppet shows.
-- I get really surprised if she brings home a grade below a 95.   In the first grade, I thought that good grades would be something that wouldn't come easily for this kid -- she had trouble focusing in school, and she just generally had a hard time adjusting to the whole school work/homework thing.  Now she rocks it.
-- Ty is caring and loving, and she thinks she can take care of anyone younger than she is.
-- She has to make her first trip to the orthodontist later this month.
-- Tyler thinks she is 25.

There is so much more I could say about this first baby of mine, but I won't go on and on.  She is a blessing to our family, and Brad and I are lucky to have her.

Happy Birthday, Tyler!!

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs