Monday, May 10, 2010

Being A Mom

Since we just celebrated Mother's Day, I have to say that being a mom is the hardest job that I have, but it is definitely the most rewarding.

It can make me want to tear my hair out one minute, but it can make me shed tears of love the next. One minute I want to give the little punks away to the highest bidder (or whoever happens to be unlucky enough to be standing closest to me at the time), and the next moment I couldn't be prouder to be their mother.

I never knew that such little people could make me be so all over the place emotionally until seven years ago when I held that little bundle for the first time.

On this Mother's Day (though I'm a little late...), and every day, I am thankful that I get to experience this motherhood with these three little people that God has loaned me. I pray for all of my friends and loved ones who are mothers. And I pray for all of those who long to be mothers and who aren't yet, and I hope that all of you get to some day experience the joy and the sorrows, the laughter and the tears.

And to my mother, thank you for being you! I couldn't have asked for a better one!

3 comments:

I'maNolaGirl said...

This made me tear up reading it. I consider it a gift to be able to watch all of you girls parent. We have learned so much...

Pinot after Playdates said...

well said! one minute I am sure this little man is trying to take me out and the next I realize that my best friend is 4 1/2 years old, there's definitely nothing like it! I hope you had a great Mother's Day with your beautiful family!

Fran S. said...

I have truly been blessed to be able to watch my precious daughter grow up to be a fine Christian woman, a devoted wife, and a wonderful and loving mother! Thank you for the privilege.......I love you!!!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs