Monday, August 29, 2011

Menu Monday: I Cooked!!!

Now that we are back to school, I guessed it was time to get back to reality for me and the whole cooking thing. I have no motivation to cook lately, but I need to feed all those people that live in my house, so it was now or never...
So, I cooked last week. And I ate like a baby dinosaur. So this week, I am going to try to go back to cooking a little more on the light side.
Last week's menu:
Monday: Chicken from Susan's blog with the special sauce and peas.
Tuesday: Aunt Caroline's Poppy Seed Chicken (recipe below)
Thursday: At 6, I got on the couch with the intent of closing my eyes for a few minutes. I woke up after 9. Thankfully, Brad had fed the kids leftovers, gotten them bathed and in bed, and even had my plate covered and waiting for me on the table. What a sweet guy that Brad can be...!
Friday: My kids had Grayson's birthday party, so Brad and I snuck out for a dinner date while we had some free babysitting!
Saturday: In-laws cooked
Sunday: leftovers
___________________________________________________________________
Aunt Caroline's Poppy Seed Chicken
4 whole chicken breasts, cooked & cut into large pieces
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
4 oz almonds
1 can sliced water chestnuts
1 T chopped pimentos
1T lemon juice
2T grated Parmesan cheese
2T poppy seeds
1 stack Ritz crackers, crushed
melted butter (for crackers)
Melt butter and put with Ritz crackers. Set aside.
Place chicken in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Mix soups, sour cream, almonds, water chestnuts, pimentos, and lemon juice gently. Pour over top of chicken. Finally, place Ritz cracker crumbs and poppy seeds on top. Bake at 400 until very hot -- about 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Susan said...

After reading your blog this morning, somehow chicken made it's way into my buggy this afternoon at the grocery store. I'm thinking I'm going to try the poppy seed chicken. That sounds yummy.

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs