Monday, December 19, 2011

It's Christmas Time In The...Country!

Every year I say that I am going to take some time to really enjoy Christmas, and every year, I look back and wonder where in the world my time went as I look at Christmas in my rearview mirror.  I hate that because I love Christmas.  I love everything about Christmas -- the music, the movies, the decorations, the time with family and friends, and most of all, the gift of our Lord.


So, tomorrow, the kids and I are going to take some time to really enjoy the season.  We are going to bake some cookies, watch some movies, read some books, drink some hot chocolate and crank the Christmas music...


Or at least, we will do as much of that as time and the kids will allow!  I am really looking forward to it -- a little time with the kids and some Christmas cheer.


Of course, this is real life, so I also have a ton of laundry to catch up on and plenty of things to do around the house.  And I am sure the kids will not be able to be angels all day, and I will wonder why in the world I decided to do something fun and sentimental with them -- isn't that the way it always is when you try to do something fun with your kids?  Or is that just me?


I hope you and yours are having a Merry Christmas and getting to enjoy the season -- and I hope that you are celebrating the real reason for this season!


**Someone asked when I posted these pictures the other day where we got the pajamas.  They are Orient Expressed.

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs