Saturday, February 27, 2010

7 Years

Seven years ago today I became a mother.

Miss Priss arrived four days late, and she was nine pounds of perfection. She was the most beautiful baby The Farmer and I had ever seen.

Since that day, Miss Priss has taught me so many things. She taught me how to get up in the middle of the night with a hungry, crying baby and how to survive on no sleep. She taught me how to tell if a cry meant hunger, discomfort, pain, or tiredness. She taught me how hard it is to leave a child in the care of someone else.

Most importantly, she taught me how to love someone else more than I ever thought was possible.

My firstborn is still teaching me things every day, and she will continue to teach me how to be a mother as she grows older. It is both fun and scary to face all of life's firsts with my first baby. Miss Priss is a sweet, loving child, and I cannot imagine a better child to teach me how to be a mother.

Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl. I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! One month from today my miss priss will be 10! yikes!! {haha} Hope your having a great weekend! xoxo

Micah said...

So sweet!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs