Monday, September 12, 2011

Menu Monday: We Love Coleslaw!

Our entire menu last week was based around coleslaw.  It didn't really start out that way, but it sure ended up that way...


Monday: Labor Day.  We were on our way home from a long weekend at the beach and had a little something before we left, so I didn't cook.


Tuesday: Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork and Simple Slaw.  I was a little hesitant to make this recipe because it calls for cooking a Boston Butt in root beer.  For one thing, I don't like root beer.  On top of that, I used to make a roast in the crock pot with a Coke, and Brad thought it was too sweet.  However, the picture looked good, so I made it.  And I am so glad I did because it was delicious, and I wasn't the only one who thought so -- Brad told me that I needed to "keep this recipe" and the kids loved it, too.  The simple slaw became the basis for the rest of our week's meals, too.




Wednesday: Shrimp Tacos.  Tyler always requests tacos, but I have gotten tired of the whole usual taco thing.  I decided we were going to try something different this time, so we boiled some shrimp (which took forever to peel) and added those to taco shells along with fresh tomatoes, simple slaw (for the adults -- the kids weren't quite so adventurous), avocado, tomatoes, and shredded cheese.  These were some of the best tacos I have had, and except for the peeling of the shrimp, they were very simple.


Thursday: Leftover night




Friday: We went out of town with Margaret, Ben, and all of our kids (6 in all) to Margaret's parents' beach house for the weekend, so we cooked a very beachy dinner of boiled shrimp and simple slaw -- are you seeing a theme here?


Saturday: Parents' night out


Sunday: Roasted broccoli and my version of Easy Mac (noodles with shredded Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar and a splash of milk and butter -- Sanders' request and delicious, but not the straight-up broccoli I was planning to eat!)


All in all, a pretty good eatin' week!  Have a good one!

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs