Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Boy Goes to Clemson & Menu Monday

Last weekend Brad and I took Gibson to Clemson for the Auburn game.  Gib doesn't get much boy time, so we decided that the football game would be the perfect opportunity.


And it was!











It ended up being a really fun game because we got some nice, cool fall temperatures in the morning -- and WE WON!!  Go Tigers!

**To those who I didn't get to see while tailgating -- noon games don't allow for much visiting!  By the time we got parked, we had to head down to watch Tiger Walk.  Gibson didn't get to "slap five" with the Tiger, so we then had to head back up to the breezeway to make sure that he got to do that when the band and cheerleaders went by.  Brad had decided that we were coming home after the game, so, sadly, we didn't stick around to long.  Hopefully our next trip back to Clemson will be a longer one.

Menu Monday:

I cooked a couple of things last week...

Chicken Parmesan (my version)

Bowtie Pasta Lasagna: I then put this in a baking dish and sprinkle parmesan cheese and seasoned panko crumbs on top and bake at 350 until bubbly.


Nothing was new except for the cupcakes, and those were really good.  They were a recipe from skinnytaste.com, so they aren't that bad calories- or fat-wise, and they are delicious.  I left a couple of the cupcakes un-iced and have eaten them for breakfast, and they are really good like that, too.  Hmmm...and my house smelled like fall while I was baking!

2 comments:

I'maNolaGirl said...

Roasted chicken with croutons! It was like we were at the dinner party together! I wish you and Brad were there! We miss yall!!!!!

PS - How dout dem tigers! Very impressive victory!

Nicole said...

That was a GREAT game! :)

Yummmm, pumpkin cupcakes...it's about time for me to make some of those!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs