Friday, September 23, 2011

Recent Reads

My Reading Club is starting up on Tuesday, and that got me thinking about all of the books that I read over the summer.  I feel like I am leaving some out, but this is all I can think of right now:





I am a new member of Reading Club, and evidently we always choose a classic to read over the summer.  Cold Sassy Tree was the pick for this summer, even though it was only written in 1984.  I thought it was a great book, but it took me a while to get through it because of the way the characters talk.


Night Road is the third Kristin Hannah book that I have read, and I have enjoyed them all.  It isn't the lightest read, and if you read the jacket you know what terrible thing is going to happen, but it is a good book with a good ending.


Her Daugher's Dream was the sequel to Her Mother's Hope, and both books were good but very frustrating at times.  I wanted to reach through the book and shake these women so often!


Bossypants had a ton of hilarious, laugh-out-loud funny parts.  That being said, to say that I disagree with some things Tina Fey thinks would be an understatement.


I also read Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews, but my internet is now not cooperating for me to get a pic.  I love Mary Kay Andrews for a good beach read, and this was another great one.  A couple of her books have felt like they have been churned out quickly, but this was not one of those -- I thought it was great!


I would recommend any of the above books if you are looking for something to read!


I have also been listening to a ton of books on cd to try to make my commute seem a bit shorter -- and, boy, does it work!  Some I have listened to recently are Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin, The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks,  and Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich.


I am always looking for something to read (or listen to!), so if y'all have any good suggestions, please let me know!


1 comment:

Susan said...

Christie, don't tell anyone (hehe)... but I have MOST of the Reading Club book selections on CD if you need to borrow them. :) That's the only way I can get them read. It helps to have connections at the library!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs