Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu Monday

Well, I hate to say that my Menu Monday is going to be kind of lame again this week. I have a lot going on, so I am not doing a lot of cooking...again. I really usually cook a lot more than this!!

Monday: Dinner at the in-laws'. We don't usually eat with them weekly, but my MIL was cooking soup, and it was great for such a cold, dreary day like today; so, I finally changed out of my pjs, chipped the ice off of my car, and loaded up the kids for a little trip across town. We have had an ice/winter weather day off from school today, so we have been very lazy. And I just learned that we have ice/winter weather day again tomorrow!

Tuesday: Asiago-Crusted Pork Chops and Broccoli with Sour Cream Sauce (take two!). Hopefully I will get the right thing out of the freezer to thaw this time!

Wednesday: Brad and I are tentatively planning on going out to dinner -- it is our 9th anniversary!!!! The kids will get leftovers or something...


Friday: I have a birthday dinner, and Brad will be gone for the second weekend in a row -- this time it is our state's watermelon convention.

Saturday: I have an engagement party, and Brad will still be out of town.

Sunday: Spinach Lasagna Rolls and a salad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't really comment on any hits or misses from last week because I didn't do much actual cooking. I will hopefully have some feedback next week. I will say, however, that if you don't know skinnytaste.com, then you need to get to know that site. I cook from it a lot, and it is chock full of great recipes that are lower in fat and calories without scrimping on taste.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

I'maNolaGirl said...

Nine years!!! Where are you going to celebrate???

I can't wait to hear what works and what recipes you might tweak!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs