Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lazy McLazerson

If you know me in real life, this is not going to come as any surprise to you, but I am not a morning person. I would like to sleep as long as possible, get up at the last minute, and get out the door. And that, I am afraid, is impossible with three kids. So, I drag out my sleep for as long as I can, and instead of getting myself ready in the mornings, I get the kids ready. And I usually wear something that looks like this:

+

+

I throw my hair in some sort of ponytail or bun-type thing if it doesn't look okay enough to wear down. No makeup. No jewelry except for my wedding rings. I just throw on clothes and go.

I justify that it is okay for several reasons:

1. I work on a farm. No one sees me except for my family members, and they have to love me anyway.

2. If I'm at home, I am usually at home. If I go out it is only to the grocery or post office. Again, no one sees me.

3. I am dressed and ready to go walking if the opportunity arises. I run around like a chicken with its head cut off most of the time, and I don't have time to be changing outfits all the time. So, I get dressed in my workout clothes before I leave in the morning. Then I'm ready!

However, my theory has some holes in it. First, I am 31 years old, and I don't look that fabulous without makeup. I look tired. I look 31 years old. I need makeup on. Second, when I am around my friends, who are actually wearing clothes, I feel dumpy. They took the time to get dressed and get out the door, why can't I (aside from the 6 am wake-up call)? I have some cute clothes in my closet that don't get worn -- why don't I wear them? Worst of all, Brad jokes to the kids that "all Mommy wears is workout clothes."

So, I decided, no more Lazy McLazerson. I am going to get up and get myself dressed and looking nice. Luckily Brad can help get the kids going in the mornings, so I have a little time to myself. I started this morning. I even wet my hair and blow-dried it! Here was my outfit for today:

+

+


+

a cute white sweater I got at Target a few years ago and can't find anything similar
online.

+

jewelry:: earrings, a necklace, and my rings!!

+

makeup!

Who knows how long this new me will last...perhaps until I get really tired and just want to sleep...a...little...bit...longer. But, for now, I am making the effort to look cute. I know for some people this is no big deal, this whole getting dressed thing, but for me, this is big stuff!

1 comment:

BB and DB said...

Hi! I have no idea how to reply to comments, so I thought I would try this :) Thank you so much for your sweet words! The "babies" really have come a long a way, and I have no doubt that it is in part to prayers like yours, they really do mean the world. Man, they grow quickly. Hope the commute isn't too bad, and yes, would love to run into you in town sometime before our kiddos are playing basketball against each other in middle school. ha ha! Love it! And loving this blogging thing - your family is beautiful :)

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs