Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Menu Monday: A Day Late

I was feeling a bit yuckish yesterday, so you get my menu today. Here goes:

Monday: Chicken Tortilla Soup - Can you tell I'm on a bit of a soup kick this winter?

Tuesday: Spaghetti

Wednesday: Chicken Thighs with Artichoke Hearts and Feta Cheese, an old fave, and a steamed veggie.

Thursday: leftovers, or "layovers" as our old babysitter, WillaMEANa used to call them when I was a child.

Friday: We are having friends over for dinner, and I'm not posting that menu yet. I will let you know next week!

Saturday: We are going out to dinner with friends from our old town. I am looking forward to spending some time with people I haven't seen in a while!

Sunday: Leftovers again, hopefully...or maybe breakfast for dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the rest of last week's menu that I didn't post, Wednesday we had Grilled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Spicy Avocado Spread from Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast. These are another old standby, and I love, love, love them. I could (and do) eat the avocado spread with a spoon.

Thursday we had Pizza Hut. Not very healthy, but very good every once in a while. Ty got a coupon for a free personal pizza for all of the reading she's been doing at school, so we treated ourselves to pizza that night.

Friday I made Corn and Bacon Chowder, also from Fresh Food Fast. It was another good recipe, although I will say that you can definitely tell that it is made with low fat milk and not cream; but, it was quick, easy, and pretty darn tasty for 215 calories. I will make this again, especially because I whipped it right up in around 15 minutes.

Saturday Brad and I went out, so the kids ate something...I don't even remember what.

And Sunday, for the Super Bowl, I made NOLA Girl's Roast Beef Po-Boys. They were absolutely delicious, and it had been quite a while since I had had one. However, they definitely made me miss Jen -- and my po-boys just weren't the same as hers.

Anyway, that's it for this week and last...I hope you're off to a great week!

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs