Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Menu Monday: Again On Tuesday

This is kind of a short week because the kids get out of school for Winter Break on Thursday, so I am also going to take Winter Break from cooking this week! My family might not really like that, but I like it!


Monday: As I mentioned last night, we ate at my in-laws' house. I love not having to cook!


Tuesday: Taco salads made with taco chicken and Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette. This was delicious, and the kids and Brad all had seconds.


Wednesday: Avocado Pasta with Tomato and Bacon. This is a recipe that Margaret just tried and raved about, so we are trying it out tomorrow. It sounds fab!

Thursday: Chili

Friday: Dinner out with my friend, Jodie, and her hubby

Saturday: Who knows?!?! -- it's Winter Break!!

Sunday: Who knows?!?! -- it's Winter Break!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I mentioned in my last Menu Monday (on a Tuesday), last Friday we had friends over for dinner. We had a delicious meal, if I do say so myself, and we had a great time getting to know some new friends better. And the kids had a wonderful time showing off -- Sanders especially loved showing how she can karate chop Gibson. It was special.
Our menu:
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Darby's Fudge Pie with ice cream (only Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla will do -- and, no, no one pays me to say that -- I wish they would, but it's just true.)

We had both of the sides when we celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday back in January, and I pigged out on them really enjoyed them, so I knew I wanted to make them the next chance I got. I got both recipes from my sister-in-law; both are very easy and worthy of company.

Twice Baked Potato Casserole

6 medium potatoes, baked in microwave (I boiled mine)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled (I only used 5 slices, less than half a pound)
24 oz sour cream (I used low fat)
2 cups shredded mozzarella
2 cups shredded cheddar
2 green onions, chopped

Cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Place half of potatoes into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the salt, pepper, and bacon. Top with half of the sour cream and cheese. Repeat the layers. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with chopped green onions.

Happy cooking this week!

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs