Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bird's Tea Party

Tyler wanted a tea party for her birthday this year, so we invited over all of the little girls from her class and all of her girl cousins and partied down. As Tyler put it, it was "the wildest tea party" I've ever attended -- I guess that's the sign of a good time!

My sister-in-law printed the invitations for me. They were light pink, hot pink, and teal. I meant for them all to have the zebra ribbon tied around them (below), but I was in Michael's with three kids and wasn't really able to think when I bought it, so I didn't buy enough -- so half of the invitations had the ribbon and half had the flower...


I let the girls drink out of actual tea cups and pour their own (iced, sweet) tea from the little pitchers. Sanders got a tea set for Christmas, so we used that, plus all sorts of cute little mismatching cups and saucers that we pieced together from all over the place. I even used teapots as decorations. I think it turned out really cute!



I found little takeout boxes at Michael's around Valentine's Day, and got Brad to grab enough for party favors. Most of them went with our color scheme, but he did grab a couple of red ones in there. I let each girl take home a "doggy bag" for her party favor plus a few extra pink candy goodies.

I made the banner out of the zebra ribbon (I went back and got more) and scrapbook paper. I thought it turned out really cute, too. (Don't y'all love our faux, used-to-be-but-isn't-anymore fireplace? When we moved and renovated this house we were never planning on actually living here, and that was a place we could cut out some money, so we are fireplace-less.)











I promise I'm not about to catch her on fire -- it just looks that way in the picture. However, Ty did keep getting pretty darn close to the flame. You would think she learned her lesson that time she caught her hair on fire when she was two...






It was a really cute party, but I was also really glad when it was over -- it was a lot of work for Mommy! But, Ty had a great eighth birthday, and that is what matters! Now I can rest up until August when I have the next two birthdays...

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a beautiful party! I love the banner on the fireplace idea! Looks like it took a lot of work, but it paid off and the girls enjoyed it!

LSU Melanie said...

The party pics are so cute!! LOVE the invitations! Happy Birthday!!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs