Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dammit

I am in charge of Dr. Seuss's Birthday Party for Sanders' class tomorrow, and I got some Cat in the Hat cupcakes made for it. They turned out adorable:



That is, they turned out adorable until some lady pulled out in front of me when I was on my way home. I had to slam on my brakes and swerve into another lane (thankfully there was no traffic in that lane -- that would have been really bad, but I wasn't thinking; I was just reacting) to avoid slamming into her, and when I did that, half of the cupcakes dumped over on their sides. Now, instead of being nice and cute, they look like this:


And then the lovely lady pulled up beside me and gave me a look like it was my fault that she pulled out in front of me and tried to kill me and my cupcakes.

There is no salvaging these cupcakes because the icing is buttercream and is really just all over the place. My only saving grace is that the kids are in Kindergarten and won't really care what the cupcakes look like, but I was really excited about them.

Damn, damn, damn.

4 comments:

I'maNolaGirl said...

Oh no!!!!! Job well done anyway. They are adorable!!!

Micah said...

Oh no! but glad nobody was hurt....besides the cute 'cakes!

Margaret said...

awww!! they really are ruined---i was hoping you could fix them. at least they'll still taste good!

LSU Melanie said...

I am sure the kids enjoyed them anyway! and yes they were super cute!!! Sounds just like something that would happen to me:) ha!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs