Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Wish I Were...

Recently Sanders told her Sunday School teachers that Brad and I are taking her to Tortola for Spring Break. I have no idea where that crazy nut got that idea, but we are definitely not going anywhere for Spring Break -- even though I would really love to get the heck out of Dodge. One thing Sanders needs to learn is that this family of hers will not ever go anywhere for Spring Break because her family is a little busy in the spring -- you know, growing things. This year we also have the house construction in the mix, so we have no extra moola.

But, it has been dreary and rainy here all week, and it is really making me long for a Spring Break (although my kids haven't had theirs yet...fingers crossed that ours will be blessed with good weather). If I had my choice, I wouldn't go to Tortola, though I loved our trip back in November. I would go to my favorite place on earth:

ISLAMORADA!!!

I would sit by the ocean, looking out at the crystal clear water:



Maybe I would do a little snorkeling, although the water might be a little cold for me still since it isn't quite June...:


I would take a lot of boat cruises and soak up some nice Florida Keys rays:


And, of course, there would always be a nice boat drink and some Jimmy Buffet somewhere close at hand.

I don't know how many of you follow Mary Loyal, but her family is in the Keys this week, and I just want to beat her...She has really been rubbing it in on her blog! And according to my weather app on my iPhone, it has been nice and in the mid-80s there this week (although rainy today and tomorrow, which I can do without, thank you very much) whereas we have reverted back to winter around here for some reason. And, to top it all off, I haven't been to Islamorada since these pictures were taken back in September of 2008. That is way too long.

So, who's with me? Who else needs a Spring Break?

(Oh, and I hate to break it to poor Sanders, but Brad and I are going with the same story that my parents always told Hunter, Graham, and me: it is a Florida law that kids are not allowed south of Orlando. Thus, no kids in the Keys...Sorry! ;-))

4 comments:

Pinot after Playdates said...

the cheeca lodge in islamorada is definitely my happy place!!

Susan said...

I'm with you! Ready for spring break!

Mary Loyal said...

don't look at my blog today!! :) however, i will say that this has been a much needed break before the wedding madness begins. i have a feeling things are about to get insane until may 28... and by the way, hysterical florida law.

...just another preppy shopaholic said...

Beautiful, I need a break too! Instead of the beach we are heading to Vegas.

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs